All you need to know before joining a cannabis club
In this page we collected the most common questions about cannabis clubs to let people understand how they work and what regulations they may have.
As above mentioned, cannabis clubs are private organizations, closed to the public and only accessible by registered members. According to Spanish law, members need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered member
- Be older than 18 years
- Be a cannabis consumer for medical and/or recreational purposes
- Be aware of and respect the status and operational rules of the cannabis social club
There are two ways to become a member of a cannabis association in Barcelona:
- Member’s recommendation: you can come accompanied by an already registered member, who will endorse your entrance.
WARNING: For your own safety, stay away from street promoters or any stranger who offers to help you find the club you are looking for. They are scam artists, thieves or pickpockets.
Once you are sure to have all the permissions to visit the club, remember to bring the right documentation with you. This includes:
- The email you’ve received from the club confirming your visit
- Valid ID card or Passport
- Bring money in cash, as all the members’ contribution to the club need to be in cash only, while other amenities, such as drinks and snacks, can be paid by card.
In the dispensary of most clubs, you can find sativa and indica cannabis strains, pre-rolled joints, hashish, vape pens, different types of extracts, and edibles.
Cannabis Sativa L. is the scientific botanical name of marijuana, including all cannabis varieties and strains. However, cannabis plants can have very different characteristics, in terms of aspect and of the effects produced. For these reasons, it’s generally classified as:
- Hemp or Industrial Cannabis is generally used in manufacturing process for textiles, cosmetics, and foods. This cannabis variety, during its growth, focus its energy in developing more branches, leaves, and seeds, compared to other cannabis strains, ensuring a wide production of fibres.
- The term marijuana is generally associated to the recreational use of cannabis, as these plants focus their energy in producing flowers, where most of the cannabinoids are produced, such as THC, CBD, terpens, flavonoids, etc.
The terms indica and sativa are generally used to distinguish the different effects that cannabis generates on humans. Lately, scientific research is focused on identifying the main compounds responsible of these effects in cannabis. The conclusions of most of the studies point out that a different proportions of terpenes’ levels, in cannabis varieties, contributes to the effects offered by marijuana.
- Cannabis indica is the marijuana strain that makes your body and mind feel relaxed and quiet, all the muscles are less tenses, and it’s very possible to get hungry and sleepy, after its consumption.
- Cannabis sativa, on the other hand, has a much stronger mental than body effect, and generally makes you feel happy, playful, and hilarious.
THC and CBD are just two of the more than 150 cannabinoids available in weed. These two cannabinoids are well known for their medical effects, as many countries have already regulated the medical use of cannabis.
- On one side, THC offers many medical benefits, in reducing pain, stress, muscular spasms, among others, as shown in many scientific studies. On the other side, THC is the cannabinoid responsible of the “high effect” of cannabis, since this substance interacts with some physiological process within the brain, altering the perceptions and the state of consciousness in the consumer. Because of this changes in the perception of the users, this substance is still classified as a “drug”, in many countries, making the whole cannabis plant classified as illegal. In Spain, it is allowed to grow and consume cannabis with THC levels higher than 0.2% only within cannabis social clubs.
- CBD, on the contrary, is a legal substance which can be commercialised almost everywhere in the world. In some countries is considered as a food supplement, in others is only accepted its use as a cosmetic, such as in Spain. Many studies have already highlighted all the medical benefits this cannabinoid can bring us, such as anti-inflammatory, anxiolytic, anti-stress, and muscle relaxant effects. These findings have allowed many people to get in contact with cannabis, for its medical benefits, and then they discovered and appreciated its recreational purpose too.
The terms medical and recreational marijuana just refer to the purpose of using marijuana.
- A medical marijuana user consumes cannabis for medical reasons, due to some illness or disease, and cannabis represents a great ally against the symptoms. For this purpose, medical cannabis users generally consume cannabis with balance ratios of THC and CBD, for getting the medical benefits of both compounds.
- On the contrary, a recreational cannabis user consumes it looking forward to the high effect that weed produces. The hilarious and funny feeling is what they push them consume marijuana.
Any might be the purpose of consuming cannabis, the weed itself is still the same, meaning that there is no difference between medical and recreational in terms of cannabis. However, the form of cannabis consumption may be different between medical and recreational cannabis users.
Cannabis and cannabis based products can be consumed in different ways, following the main absorption methods.
- Smoking is the most known and probably the most used method of cannabis consumption. Weed or hashish, pure or mixed with tobacco, is rolled in form of a joint, or directly smoked using water pipes. In terms of risks prevention, smoking represents the worst and most dangerous method of cannabis consumption, due to the combustion process which occurs when smoking, that can produce lung problems.
- Vaping is a form of cannabis consumption which is getting always more importance, since it offers the same effectiveness of smoking cannabis, but there is not combustion of any substance.
- Oral administration is the slowest way of administration to produce its effect, but it last much longer compared to smoking, and has a more distributed effect through the body. Cannabis can be consumed orally in form of edibles or sublingual oils, which is the most used consumption method for medical cannabis users.
Don't you find the answer to your question?
Stay away from street promoters in Barcelona
Blunted Cannabis Social Club doesn’t have or allow any street promoters. Every legal club in Barcelona doesn’t support this practice, as it’s totally illegal.
Remember that we will never accept new members brought to our club by street promoters, as they are not valid endorsing members.
In order to join a cannabis social club you must be over 18 years old, be a previous recreational consumer or medical consumer with a diagnosis for which cannabis can be helpful.